I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update on not so jolly follie visit

So, the Dr. just called me. Not the nurse, the Dr. Good news first-my follicles respond well to the femara. Then, the real reason she called vs the RN. The lining isn't thickening well-it's only 3-4, should be 6-8. And the endometrioma has grown AGAIN. She wants to talk lap. I'm going in on Thursday for a repeat US and surgery consult. She also mentioned wanting to coordinate with a GI surgeon too, just in case. That was more than I was ready for today so we agreed to discuss again on Thursday. Now I'm waiting on a call to schedule that. Told you it wasn't jolly!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this. It's good that they are advising you ahead of time to coordinate with a GI surgeon. They had to call a GI out on emergency during my middle of my surgery. Mind you - I had no idea of who this person was that had just cut away my bowels. Not to mention his first name was Bartlet! He was kinda creepy - please get someone you know and trust.

Alex said...

Hmmm... I wonder whats up with your lining? I kinda had that problem after the Lupron especially so my doc put me on Estradiol during cd 10-12 and that helped quite a bit. Now I know Estrogen is a bad word when it comes to Endo but my doc made sure to keep it at a low dose and only 3 days each cycle, so I don't think it did much harm. Hopefully your RE will be able to figure something out for you to help build it without making the Endo worse... Sorry to hear about your Endometrioma, ugh that is just so frustrating! Are you in tons of pain? :(

My Endo Journey said...

No, not terrible pain. It's been ramping back up, slowly but surely. The ultrasounds have been pretty unbearable and sex, well...sex is just down right uncomfy. My pain is definitely not what it was pre my last surgery. I just feel pulls and tugs and tension. My reflux is worse and bm's have been a little difficult. (TMI, maybe, but, relevant to pain-haha).
I think she might be a little nervous with the estrogen because of the endometrioma. she definitely thinks the fertility meds aren't helping that...maybe that's why? I'm starting a list of questions for Friday!!!

ReadyGo said...

I'm so bummed to hear this! I'm not a huge fan of my last lap, but the one prior was perfection and having them get in there to clear things out could definitely be a good thing. I hope they get it taken care of quickly for you! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

stupid lining, that's what got me last time too, i ended up having a laparoscopy.

Amanda and Tim said...

Sorry to hear all this - I hope your next US and consult gives you some more answers.

Unknown said...

It is good news your follicles responded well to the medication. Bummer about the lining. Can they give you progesterone with the endo? I remember having to stay on progesterone for 8 weeks after my IVF transfer.

Sorry to hear about the growth again. I cannot imagine how frustrated you are.

P.S. Been meaning to respond to comment about twins - it is fairly common with IVF, but if you talk with your RE about the risks she will take precautions to minimize twins. And yes, with IVF you're less likely to experience high-order multiples because there is more control of the number embryos transferred.

Amanda and Tim said...

Morning, just popping by to let you know I have left you an award on my blog, if you want it?!

What IF? said...

Ugh, this sucks so much. I had bilateral endometriomas removed very recently, and having yours checked out laparoscopically might not be the worst thing in the world. At least then you'd know what you're dealing with GI-wise. GL!