I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Friday, July 24, 2009

Slow but steady wins the race?

Well, not winning any races here, but, progress is good, right?!?! I had 4-5 measurable follies today-they are getting there! All on the left. The right, I fear, won't be much good again. Because of that "follicle". I still haven't asked about that...I keep forgetting! How do you forget that?

SPEAKING OF FORGETTING, guess who forgot a Lupron shot last night?!? ME!!!!! I fell asleep and completely forgot last night. I F-R-E-A-K-E-D out when I woke up this morning. You should have SEEN how quickly I got ready for my appointment. And, I got my hubby up and going too because I just knew if they had told me I f'd it up royally, he needed to be there for me. They were very reassuring and didn't make a big deal about it at all at the clinic. Which is what I needed. I've still been a bit on edge about it throughout the day, but, not much I can do but to trust their advice and just roll with it. I'm sure it's happened time and time before! I had taken my injection with me and took it at the clinic as soon as they said the word.

So, I'm still on the same schedule with my drugs until Monday, when I have my next apt. They *think* my retrieval will be sometime around Weds if I keep on this track. I am praying for beautiful, mature eggs behind these growing follies. I know my numbers won't be high again, which is a little disappointing. But, it only takes one...I keep telling myself that!!!

11 comments:

Kiki said...

i know exactly how you feel! i had my ER today... they retreived 5 eggs and a couple didn't have any eggs, so i'm right there with you... i'm hoping that my eggos are primo and they will all fertilize and continue to grow... our ET is Monday... good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Grow eggs grow!

I would have totally freaked out too and forgetting the shot.

Peaches said...

I would have totally freaked at skipping the shot--glad to hear they didn't make a big deal about it. (Reassuring!)
Sending lots of growing eggie vibes for your appt on Monday :)

Eileen said...

My ER is on Wednesday too! Good luck! Hopefully we'll both get our BFPs. Lots of follicle growing vibes coming your way!

Barefoot said...

Go follies, go!! You may still be early enough that there are ones they can't see yet.

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Daniel and I are praying for you and sending our very best wishes your way. Hang in there. We are thinking of you!

Jeanne said...

Allison,

Good luck!

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

good luck, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Erika said...

Hoping for nice mature eggs for next week.. Good Luck staying calm. I freak out whenever I forget my meds so I can only imagine how you felt. Glad they said it wasn't a big deal!

Anonymous said...

Good luck - hope your eggs are there when you are ready for them to come out.

Echloe said...

I hope you end up with some beautiful mature eggs.

I would have freaked out about missing the lupron too. How scary?