I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Sunday, September 21, 2008

Power of prayer

***Update on my SIL: After a few days of tests and ultrasounds, looks like everything is okay for now. We aren't sure yet what kind of precautions, if any, she'll have to take for the next 6 months. But, it was great news that all the tests came back good. They said that this will put her at higher risk for pre-term labor. So, it'll be a long few months, but, hopefully not such a bumpy road. Thanks for all the prayers and thanks Jeanne for the encouraging words.***

My SIL is 12-13 weeks pregnant and tonight they had a scare. They are not really sure why, but, she was/is bleeding. She is on bed rest tomorrow and will have to go back to a clinic on Tuesday. They had an ultrasound at the ER and the baby was moving around okay and had a good heart beat. She also had good hormone levels. They are out of town because they were at a wedding, so, she's in a strange place with strange doctors she isn't used to. Obviously a stressful time. She has two other children, 5 and 3, both of which are very excited about the new baby. Please pray for this family. I hope they can find some answers and that everything will be okay. We love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

My Endo Journey,

Your sister in law, her family, and your whole extended family are in my thoughts & prayers!

That must have been scary for her! My youngest sister was born perfectly healthy after my mom had serious bleeding problems during her pregnancy.

She had to go for weekly visits to the OB/GYN throughout the whole pregnancy but she got through the pregnancy and everything worked out.

I hope that stories like this provide some comfort at this time and I DO realize everyone's different and my mom's/sister's situation may have nothing at all to do with your sister-in-law's!

I just thought it might help a tiny bit to know that with the hormones showing up well, with the heartbeat good, and with the medical technology advances since the 1970s... it wouldn't be a bad idea to give her hope by supporting her anyway you can think of to help her focus on the positive and not get caught into a cycle af anxiety and worry. Easier said than done, I know.

Her mental state about all of this matters, though. Mind/body medicine is powerful and real! Thoughts do matter!

Positive thought can only stand to help her stress levels, reduce her stress hormones from going totally off the wall, etc.

I hope something in here helps. I can only imagine how scary a problem like that was when she was away from home but it sounds like she found a responsive ER that got her checked out properly. Thank goodness.

Try to encourage her to "take it easy" & rest up the most she can.

If she's still out of town, try to encourage her to allow plenty of traveling time to get back home (!) so she can move around, stretch, use the rest room, etc. during travel!

Relaxing music in the car may help too.

If she can sleep in the car on the way home, the trip will really fly!! (That's one of my BIG traveling trips... to sleep through it)!!

I hope things calm down soon!!!

:)

Jeanne