I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Healthier Eating, Phase I

**Before I start this post, I forgot to update about my first period post-Lupron. It was...wonderful! As wonderful as bleeding can go anyway. I barely had to pop an Ibuprofen! As gross as I have been feeling lately, I just KNEW it was going to be awful!!! I needed that ray of sunshine on my often cloudy day. I'm on Day 11 right now...waiting to see how this cycle goes**

I'm SO tired of the nausea! I know I need to eat better. But, who feels like thinking about and doing all of that when you are so "blech"?!?!

  • What are your "diet" tips?
  • What changes have you made to your eating habits that has changed your health?
  • How can I dwindle meat products and add more veggies and fish?!?! (I'm used to tacos, spaghetti, chicken salads, meatloaf, etc)
  • Any recipe ideas?


THANKS!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I've posted about this on a few blogs/sites, including I think yours before, so I'll just post once more. You have to cut all wheat and dairy out of your diet for two months. Then you can try them again and see what happens, if the pain returns. Most women with endo aren't affected by dairy as they are with wheat but I can't have either, you'll have to try it with both to know. You cannot have ANY wheat during the 2 months and it took almost a month to get it out of my system. I did notice the pain becoming more minimal over the first few weeks, then it was gone. It's been over 5 months since this diet change and it's the only thing that has made my life normal again. I had 2 surgeries before, neither did anything, was on tons of painkillers, didn't help, was about to go on lupron before I read about this diet stuff and did not go on lupron, am very glad I didn't. Please try this and stick to it. I know it sounds hard and you feel blech, so did I but just do it. I hope it helps.

Rae said...

I just picked up a copy of Healthy Eating magazine(?) and it had some yummy stuff in it. One way that we've cut back on meats is when I'm making anything that doesn't involve meat to stand alone I just cut way back on it. So I'll use 1/4 of the package of meat for chili or just one chicken breast in the casserole.
That was easier on Nate than me just cutting it out completely. With cold weather on the way soups are a great way to cut back and get lots of veggies in. I've got some recipes I'll send you if you want.

Amanda and Tim said...

Hi I just found your blog because I was looking for others with endometriosis and have to agree with Rachel - I cannot eat wheat at all and I have to be really careful with dairy products. Wheat causes me to have worse cramps and dairy makes me more nauseos (sp?). I also find that eating less meat helps and my body cope better because it is not struggling so hard to digest things. My bf and I enjoy many simple veggie meals like roasted vegetables, veggie soups and risottos. One further thing is I find replacing my dairy with rice milk rather than soya works better. I know I'm a bit late on this one but I hope it helps. I have lots of recipes we love to use if you want I can email you some.