I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another medical adventure

Without going into all the awful details, I've been experiencing some rectal bleeding lately (today really bad-the other day I just started noticing it). My GI sent me for a STAT CBC (blood draw) to check my red blood count this morning-and everything was thankfully fine with that. I've been pretty disoriented and "dizzy" for about 2 weeks now-kinda hard to explain. Anyway, they are scheduling me for a colonoscopy to see what's going on. They are looking for endometriosis that may have penetrated my colon-that's the guess about what's going on with that now. Very scary-and I am very freaked out. It is a pretty rare thing for the endo to completely penetrate the bowel wall...but, it's known to happen with my stage of disease. So, here we go again. I don't know when the colonoscopy will be scheduled for, but I am going to make a push to have it done this month, before I start my other treatment. Please keep me in your thoughts. I thought my nightmare was over...or at least had answers.

No comments: