I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Okay, SERIOUSLY?

22 day cycle. WHAT is going on?!?!?! Last month it was 24...maybe. Now, 22?!?!? What happened to my 28-31 day cycles? 22 days?!?! That's not long enough for anything to happen! Last period was only 2 days too of flow. Not that I am complaining about that, but, it's VERY unusual for me.

Thoughts? Ponder with me...

I am going to call the RE tomorrow and see what they say.

7 comments:

JellyBelly said...

Hmmm, do you need some sort of progesterone supplementation to improve your luteal phase? On on post-ovulatory HCG which has helped bring my luteal phases from 11 days to 14 or 15. It's a miracle drug!

One Day said...

ok that is bizzarre! I have no idea what it could mean, or why. It's been so long since I've had a normal cycle of any kind, I'm not of much help. :(

I'm so glad to see you when you post! And thank you for the comments :)

Nic said...

That is very strange. I would could your RE, they may want to do some bloods to check your hormone levels.
Must be so frustrating. Hope it sorts itself out. X

KC said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog and for the advice. I am afraid to ask about the age critera and hoping that they will just see what year I was born in and assume I am 35 (I am a dreamer!). The office (where the doctor who is running the study works) called me to set up the appointment for next week (of course I wasn't home). I figure I might as well go in and find out the details. Too bad that sometimes they don't pay for the IVF I really was hoping! I won't do it unless they pay for it for a couple of reasons. First of all I would worry I would be in the placebo group and that would be a waste of a cycle because I know these eggs need some drugs. Another reason I wouldn't do it is because they only implant one embro. Hubby and I have discussed it a couple of times and we would like to implant two. It's funny because that is actually one of the proposed purposes of the study (to reduce multiple births and the impact on the government as a result). Do you think the nurse at the clinic would know if the IVF is covered by the clinic? She seemed a bit clueless but maybe I will call her when I make the appointment. I was thinking maybe I could go back and search the request that was submitted to the governmet to see if they mentioned coving the cost of IVF.
By the way your blog was one of the first blogs I ever read. I stayed up to all hours of the morning one night reading it from beginning to end. You had me laughing and crying. Endo has taken so much from all of us and it bonds us together.
You are so strong I admire you so much!!!

Lena said...

my cycles were very short without progesterone too. ohh, endo...

My Endo Journey said...

KC-did you find out anymore about the study?

Jeanne said...

Allison,

I just sent you a more detailed comment "off the blog" (about my cycles being very wacky over the years) but I'm sorry your cycle is off from what you're used to. :(

Jeanne