I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here comes the...

Pain, do-be-do-be. Yappers-here comes another cycle full circle. I haven't been feeling too well today-I just have the "icks"-today and yesterday really. Lots of nausea and fullness. Still haven't started my "flow" (as the RE termed it) to call to schedule my testing. Maybe it'll happen so I can get in by Tuesday before I leave town. Debating on whether I should go ahead and start my ibuprofen regimen to ward off any crazy cramps too...

Speaking of the RE, lots of ponderings this weekend. I'm a little upset there wasn't more explanation when we were there on our last visit. When he spoke of the Femara (Letrozole), my husband and I just thought I'd be taking a pill and we'd be continuing things as usual with it's assistance. When I (FINALLY) got someone from the clinic to call me back about my scheduling question, she started talking about all these appointments for ultrasounds and blood work and then something about trigger shots. Um, okay, that's a lot of missed information there!!! I thought maybe I just missed all of that because of being overwhelmed with the news about my uterus and endometrioma...but, my hubby said he didn't remember any of that either. I mean, I don't think this new information will change my mind about what we are doing...but, I really feel someone needs to sit us down and go over all of this!!!! When I go in for my tests, I will be letting them know I need to have someone lay it all out!

Then, are insurance heartaches. Out with the old....in with the new after the first of the year. Our insurance is changing because my husband's company switched providers. So, we are going from no worries, 100% coverage to a $10K LIFETIME max. Um, that's not a whole lot of money in the medical world! So, now we also need to set up time with the financial counselors at the clinic. Then, we really need to sit down and have a heart to heart about how far we are willing to go with all of this. I've been warned it can become an obsession...I can definitely see that. So, we need to be realistic with ourselves.

Please continue to pray for my friend. She got word that her endo was pretty extensive-on her bowel and bladder...and they want her to start treatments soon. She'll still recovering from her surgery and could really use some good thoughts her way :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your pain - that I can relate. In case you're still wondering, Femera is simular to Clomid except that its not so hard on the uterine lining. The drill usually goes something like this: Femera, ultrasounds meaning (follie scans), and then the trigger shot if the follie is a good size.

I wish the best for your friend, bowel endo is harsh, hence why I'm awake at 1am - I'm still having terrible stomach cramps 9 months post op.

Anonymous said...

$10,000 lifetime max isn't bad, ours is only $2,000.

Amanda and Tim said...

Sorry to hear that the pain is here again! Holding good thoughts for your appointments and all that is to come for you both.

Anonymous said...

iclw... it's kind of hard to explain. it's a list with a whole bunch of blogs, mainly infertility blogs, if you put your blog on it then the other people on the list read your blog and leave supportive comments. you can read more about it here...
http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2008/12/icomleavwe-december.html