I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Thursday, June 12, 2008

Going on to #4

I've decided today that I will continue with the shots. Aside from the nausea, I've been doing pretty well, and, I like the idea that this could be helping relieve my abdominal area of this nasty disease for a bit. Especially my colon! I need to call the Dr. and let them know. I think from this point it will be a month to month decision about continuation. I don't know why...I just don't want to feel committed if I change my mind. I pray that these shots are doing good, and not harm. It's not in my hands at this point in the game!

Got back on Weds...and someone must have given me their nasty cold on the airplane. Gotta love recycled oxygen!

HIDA scan is scheduled for June 25th. Really not looking forward to it. Still wondering if I should have it done. I mean, I am still not feeling well, but, I just don't think it's my gallbladder. I guess you never know. Body is so mysterious sometimes. I guess it's good to have things ruled out though? I dunno, nuclear medicine seems just a bit much. Again, very nervous.

2 comments:

deirdre said...

lupron does not remove endo, or make it go away for any amount of time

the lowering of hormones, esp estrogen, make some of the symptoms stop for a while for some people

some docs call it a ''band-aid''

but the pain and problems will return, because the endo has not left in any way

excision surgery can help, and many women conceive after it

great sites, endoexcision.com, centerforendo.com, endometriosissurgeon.com, fertilitycare.org, naprosurgery.com

My Endo Journey said...

Thanks for your comments Deidre. I know this is not a cure-no one ever told me it was. It does allow my body some much needed rest from this disease, and, an OPPORTUNITY for SOME of the adhesions to "die" off-as they are not being "fed" by the estrogen. Kinda like a lot of the cancer medications we deal with right now-cuts off the source, allowing things to shrink down and hopefully die off for a while.

I'm not so much sold on these "excision" surgeries-there isn't enough literature out right now to convince me. Do you have endo? Have your been cured by an excision surgery? I'd like to hear more from people out there that have had this done...could work-I dunno. Working in the research field though, I need some concrete evidence. I asked my RE about it-he had NO idea what I was talking about. I'll email him these links-I didn't have them with me the day I went.