I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Friday, February 14, 2014

In between bleeding?

So, every month is absolute psychological torture for me.  The week before my period, I start a little song and dance of spotting on and off.  Sometimes it's heavier than others.  I ALWAYS convince myself it's implantation bleeding.  It NEVER is.

Today (TMI those that know me) we had sex.  I went to the bathroom immediately afterwards and realized I was bleeding.  Husband, unfortunately, realized it too.  Guess how far from my period I am?  ONE WEEK.
This is getting out of hand.  I will freak out for the next week, convincing myself that I am pregnant.  Of course my boobs hurt and I'm tired.  I MUST BE PREGNANT.  Except that happens every month, far too early.

So, I turned to Dr. Google.  Rookie mistake.  Looks like I could have 1 of ten things wrong with me, including low progesterone, endometriosis (um duh), polyps or fibroids.

So, after the $20 in tests I'll spend over the next week and ultimate heartache next Thursday, should I make a call to the OB?  Or, is this my new normal?

6 comments:

Marianne said...

UGH I am so sorry.

Amber said...

I start spotting 3-7 days before my period and I also have endo. Just recently switched to a new doctor and was planning on mentioning it to him when I go.

I thought you were talking about mere there for a minute about thinking it's implantation bleeding. I do the same thing every. single. month. You'd think I'd learn, but no.

Rebecca said...

For me with all the infertility drugs I was on it became the new normal with my endometriosis.

Unknown said...

Ughhh! I'm so sorry for these awful symptoms. I have awful endo too (and just found your blog). I look forward to following your story and will pray you get your BFP soon! Because I haven't read your other posts yet, I don't know what your OBGYN is like, but I find it doesn't hurt to ask. Bleeding can be the sign of an infection too, which is very treatable.

Unknown said...

Oh no! How awful! I'm not up to date on all your posts so forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know. 1) I would call the OBGYN becaus if you do have lw progesterone and are pregnant you're going to want to fix that! 2) sounds like you are a chronic tester like me. Did you you can order tweets for like a dollar a piece? At earlypregnancytests.com 3) I hope you get the answers you need and deserve. Endo sucks.

cmurph said...

Thanks for posting this! I know right!