I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Monday, October 5, 2009

Endometriosis and Pregnancy

I've been meaning to write, but, things have been a little crazy around here. For some reason, even with all the lying around I do...I haven't been on the computer much. I'm still on restrictions and being watched very carefully by my OBGYN. I've had an ultrasound on a very frequent basis lately, and have had another crazy episode of bleeding. Things seems to be calming down, or so I hope. I've been feeling pretty crappy this past weekend, but, remaining optimistic about everything. I've come too far NOT to.

My intentions have been to do some more extensive research on endometriosis and pregnancy. This is one of the recent articles I've come across, and, I wanted to share. This was released back on July 1st:

Women with endometriosis need special care during pregnancy to avoid risk of premature birth

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, next time I'm pregnant I'll immediately go high risk. Get some rest! And thank you for your prayers!

Barefoot said...

Sorry about the continued bleeding!! I hope you're feeling better.

Jeanne said...

Allison,

I'm sorry to hear about the bleeding and to hear that you are not feeling well. I'm glad you're getting lots of rest, though.

Thank you for posting this link! I had read something around the time period this is dated but it didn't include a link. So I hadn't seen this research. It's very interesting.

My mother had severe complications during her pregnancy with my sister and had serious pre-eclampsia. (She has endo). I had pre-eclampsia setting in towards the end and they had to induce me (for that and several other reasons).

I had protein showing in my urine after the birth that actually delayed my discharge from the hospital. Unbeknownst to me, the pre-eclampsia dangers don't just 100% stop being an issue for everyone. In my case, protein did actually show up afterwards.

This is a very interesting article.

Please get lots of rest. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, I'll be praying for you.

That article makes a lot of sense to me - because I had pre-term labor when I was pregnant with both of my daughters. With each pregnancy I had to see a high risk OB because I had already dilated to 4cm by the time I was 7 months pregnant with both. I ended up delivering 4 weeks early in both cases but only because I was hospitalized for about 1-2 months on iv drugs to keep me from dilating more each time.

This was way before I even knew I had endo and the doctors didn't have an explaination why this happened with both pregnancies. They only confirmed that if I ever become pregnant again, I will be high risk and will probably have pre-term labor again.

The good news is that both girls were born healthy and are doing fine today.

Caroline said...

Sorry to hear about the bleeding that you have been having. Take good care of yourself. I'll be following your pregnancy journey.

I've started a new blog
caroline-frominfertilitytobaby.blogspot.com

xx

Anna Marie Hopewell said...

Hi, I came across your blog whilst searching for something online. I'm the editor of a woman's magazine and would love to have you write something about your endo journey for our publication. My mother suffered from stage 4 endo for over 15 years before she was healed, so I know how difficult it is! If you are interested in writing, please contact me ASAP because there is a chance that you could appear in our very first PRINT edition. You can view our Fall issue here; www.preciouswomanmag.com

Please email me directly at; editor@preciouswomanmag.com

I look forward to hearing from you,
Many blessings,
Anna

Jenn said...

I've given you a blog award! Check out my blog for details

Brooke said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I will be thinking of you and thanks for the well wishes. As a fellow endo sufferer I look up to women like you who can rally through even when times are rough, you deserve the best.