So, here's our tentative schedule for our next round of
IVF:
Started on
Aygestin 2 days ago to help keep the
endo at bay
July 8
th-
Lupron Injections
July 11
th-Stop
AygestinJuly 16
th-Baseline Ultrasound
July 17
th-Start
StimsJuly 27
th-Egg Retrieval
July 30
th or August 1st-Transfer!
August 10th-BETA!!!!!
Looks like we *might* be able to squeeze in another round out of our insurance. The
meds will definitely be covered. We've only used $3,600 of the $10K max. The fertility coverage is another issue. Looks like the adjusted cost charged to the insurance was around $6,400. I am pretty sure that includes ultrasounds, visits and
blood work as well, which does NOT count against our $10K max. But, my hubby and I are assuming that's the total charged against our maximum. So, we may be about ~$5K out of pocket in the end. Time will be the judge of that, as things SLOWLY go through to the insurance company. I'm thinking it won't be nearly that much, but, that's what we are going to assume to be "safe".
We decided NOW was the best time though, because everything else is being covered 100% since I've met all my deductibles and co-insurance. So, it pretty much evens out IF we have to pay out of pocket. I dunno WHY they make insurance so difficult to understand!!! I've learned a lot during this process though.
If this round doesn't work, then I'll change insurances during the open enrollment period in October to my insurance at work. They have a $25K max for
fertility!!!! A girl I work with got 3 rounds of
IVF out of hers and only paid about $500 out of pocket each round! We'd change to that to do a frozen transfer. We've already discussed our maximum number of tries we are willing to endure. That MAY change, but, we've decided 3 is enough. The 3rd would be the frozen transfer. Not just physically, but, mentally I think that is about all we can take. So, we are really hopeful that this one will work and we won't have to worry about another round!!!
I'm eager to get started, but, we chose to wait until later July to see how everything would pan out with the insurance. And, we needed a little break!!! So, while we wait, we plan on enjoying fully our non-shot filled evenings. Although, we've run into a bit of a snag in our house...we've found more mold maybe, so, we are trying to get that taken care of and the new flooring laid down before July. Time will fly I'm sure.
I've been feeling "okay". Mornings are rough for me...as it usually is with my
endo. Things had been fine since surgery, but, I think the
IVF meds kicked things up a bit. I feel nauseated and just icky in my stomach every morning and in the evenings. Mid-day is usually pretty good. It's so strange that my
endo symptoms are GI related during the whole month...then definitely girl part related during my period. I won't have another period (THANK GOODNESS) before the next
IVF cycle since I am on the
Aygestin. I do have random pains on that right ovary-it's back, I just don't know how big. I'm not sure I want to know!!!