Recap: My ovaries are kissing, and, appear to be glued to my uterus as well. The endometrioma does appear to be growing right off my right ovary. My endometruim was thicker today, and, she was very pleased about that. Actually, we went ahead with the ovidrel just to see what happens this cycle. I had at least 2 follicles on my left, not sure about the right (still couldn't see it). So, nothing is set in stone yet, perhaps a beautiful little embryo is traveling with ease down my tubes and into my uterus as we speak ;) But, she did say realistically it probably would not be an optimal cycle.
Looks like I am going to go on BC after my period and I'll have the surgery in March. Initially she said after my period...so, my period is in like 2 weeks...she wanted surgery somewhere between 2-4 weeks. 2 weeks is 2/13. I figure they only do laparoscopies on Weds or Thursdays, so, that would push me into the next week, around the 19th (assuming this was convenient for both Dr.'s). Well, I have a work trip on Feb 25th so that wouldn't work and then Baltimore the next week. So, that pushes me into March. I hate waiting! We'll see. I'm not wanting to postpone it any long than that, so, if Feb is the only time they are both free, then, I may just have to have it done then.
Then, we've got to figure out the whole IVF thing. Whether we are going to go straight into that (as she suggests), or, wait a while. That will all depend on our insurance. While we wait, I'll be on BC until we are ready to go (she talked about Lupron again, I nayed that right away). I've got to call the financial counselor at the clinic and talk to her and see what's covered, what's not. 20% of this surgery is going to be pricey...I remembered paying a lot out of pocket last year. So, I guess with both combined it'll be a little tricky. A little stressful too. We don't want to wait too long, but, like she said we can't be making rash financial decisions. My preference would be to start IVF in April, but, I am not sure that is feasible.
During the surgery they hope to remove the entire mass, with as little of the ovary as possible and check my tubes for their function. They also want to try to clear everything out, and there will be a GI surgeon on hand for that and to assist with adhesion's near the colon and actually separating my organs apart once they get in there. This is scheduled to be just a lap...although there's always that chance of having to have an open surgery. Again though, that's the reason for the GI. He specializes in laparoscopy procedures, and works with the clinic on endometriosis
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! I'm a little nervous about the BC too-I've never really had good luck with the pills. The nuva ring was the only thing I could ever use without migraines. But, after I was thinking, could I use the nuva ring if I'm having surgery? I'm thinking no...they don't want you having sex or using tampons for so long after surgery...I doubt they'd want that in there either? Anyone on Nuva ring and know anything about that? Is there anything besides BC they can do?!